Zed Build & Runes
Zed / Guide
- In the early game, try to safely farm as much as possible without having massive creep waves hitting your turret.
- Also try to keep rudimentary vision and map awareness.
- Early game mid and jungle 2v2 skirmishes are where zed can find the gold needed to begin snowballing.
- If the opponent is a difficult matchup or you have already fallen behind, your best bet is to look for roams to catch opponents off guard and poach kills from overextended sidelaners.
- Getting into the late game, with more traffic around the mid lane, the best place for Zed to be is in the side lane. There you can take advantage of any overextended squishy champions collecting waves or splitpush yourself.
- Make sure to keep the river and jungle warded, so when the enemy sends multiple champions you can simply disengage or take the 1v2 or 1v3 fight while your team pressures objectives.
- Another alternative strategy to gain a champion advantage late game is to sweep vision in the enemy jungle and attempt to pick off rotating enemy champions to set your team up for a 5v4 seige or Baron bait. Since Zed's ultimate has a fairly low cd late game if you have 40% cdr you can use it for incremental gains such as blowing an adcs summoners or GA without killing them, just to set them up for your next during a key fight or opportunity.RDeath Mark
Zedlightdistrict for helping create this guide.
Tips & Tricks
- Zed may be an assassin but he is more versatile than people would lead you to believe, you can easily succeed with a build that boasts lower damage then alternatives through clean execution. Do not underestimate items such as black cleaver and steraks gage to give you the durability to play an aggressive almost bruiser style of zed.
- Zed's synergizes withEShadow Slashin a very important manner, it lowers the cooldown ofWLiving Shadowbased on the number of enemies it hits. This has little effect early and mid game, but in a late game teamfight with blue buff, Zed landingWLiving Shadowfrom multiple shadows on an entire team can nearly instantly refreshEShadow Slashfor a daring 1v3 or 1v4 play to give you the escape asWLiving Shadowpop kills your mark.RDeath Mark
- The most important core strength Zed has when you unlock the potential of pushing the skill ceiling is his ability to snowball nearly any matchup. Even the worst Zed matchups always have a glimmer of hope and win condition for you to strive for. Should you eke out a large enough lead you can control your lane and punish your opponents with your high mobility should you acquire the damage to back it up.