Gangplank Build & Runes
Gangplank / Guide
- One of Gangplank's greatest strengths is that he's a very safe laner that is generally hard to shut down if played properly, as such he'll always have a minimum amount of contribution to a game, regardless of how hard he gets focused by the enemy team in the early game.
- Due to his great poke and sustain as well as zoning with well placed barrels, Gangplank can also be a bully in certain matchups where enemy champion has little sustain.
- Another one of Ganglpank's strengths is that he will vastly outpace any other champion if given the time. Therefore he does really well into enemy scaling champions that can't contest his farming early on.
- Gangplank is a specialist that can fit into many different roles, the downside is that he doesn't excel at any of them. He can however cover for his team's weakness or play to its strengths.
- As a split pusher he can create advantages around objectives with either Teleport or .RCannon Barrage
- As a team fighter he can follow up on engages or disengage bad fights with and has great zoning potential with his barrels, which can potentially win a teamfight by themselves if not respected by the enemy team.RCannon Barrage
- And lastly, he scales exceptionally with crit items, making him a late game "safety net" for team compositions that might lack late game strength.
Fragile for helping create this guide. Check them out here: Twitch
Tips & Tricks
- It's important to be aware of your effective range. Use in lane for harassment and try to hide sneaky barrels in bushes to surprise the enemy.QParrrley
- Your early game is not weak, It's merely vulnerable! Gangplank has the potential to be very oppressive in the early game but the early game also has the potential to go horribly wrong if you don't take the right fights or over commit into a bad position.
- Adapt your item path to the situation. Crit is not always the best option, neither is lethality or bruiser. It's different every game, sometimes you just need to ramp up into a full crit build to outscale the enemy. Other times you need to finish early and as such, bruiser or lethality or a mix of the 2 is favored. Don't be narrow minded and only build the same 3-4 items.